Tips to Stay Hydrated
Posted On May 26, 2023
Hydration is essential to maintaining good heath. Here are a few tips to help you stay hydrated!
- Drink enough water: I know that is pretty obvious, but most of us do not drink enough. Try to have at least 8 glasses per day at a minimum of 8 oz. If you are exercising or in a hot environment, drink a little more!
- Eat hydrating foods: You don’t have to drink all your water! You can eat it too! Buy more strawberries, watermelon, cucumbers and lettuce when you meal prep. Many foods have a high water content and they come along with electrolytes!
- Limit your dehydrating beverages: Beverages like alcohol, coffee, and sugary drinks will dehydrate you!
- Take a look at your pee: Your urine will tell you if you’ve been hydrating properly. Light yellow is a good sign you had enough water in the last few hours. If it’s dark yellow, go grab a glass because you’re falling behind!
- Electrolytes: Make sure you are drinking electrolyte drinks periodically. You need them more often if you are exercising enough to sweat. It’s important to drink water before and after activities, but don’t forget to replenish your electrolytes as well!
- Carry a bottle: If you have a water bottle with you throughout the day it will be a reminder to drink. Make it easy on yourself and keep your water near you daily!
The amount of water people need to drink per day varies from person to person for a lot of different reasons, but we know on average the body needs around 100 oz a day to support normal organ function and tissue repair.
Drinking enough water will also help you in the following ways;
- Maintains blood volume and blood pressure
- Regulates body temperature
- Lubricates joints
- Removes waste and toxins through urine and sweat
- Supports digestion and nutrient absorption
What are you waiting for? Make hydration a priority today!